The beauty of Asia coexists with unexpected tragedies caused by forces of nature. While I am thankful that close ones are safe in Asia, I am deeply saddened by what has happened to the region and worried about the many friends I have made over the years of traveling to Thailand and Phuket, one of my favorite scuba diving destinations. Please join me in supporting the organizations that provide relief supplies to the victims whose lives have been devastated by this disaster. Click on the links below to donate to a single organization or go to Network for Good (http://www.networkforgood.org) to donate to multiple organizations.
- Save the Children–Asia Earthquake/Tidal Wave Relief Fund http://www.savethechildren.org
- Doctors without Borders http://www.doctorswithoutborders.org
- American Red Cross–International Response Fund http://www.redcross.org
- International Medical Corps- Earthquake/Tsunami Relief http://www.imcworldwide.org
- Mercy Corps–Southeast Asia Earthquake Response http://www.mercycorps.org
Next column: The Making of Campaign 2005, Food and art, and much more. Stay tuned.